Choose Your Shop
Our furry friends have so much love to give, they deserve a nutritious homemade treat for dinner every once in a while. While cheese and plain yogurt can be enjoyed by cats in moderation, it's essential to recognize that dairy is not a natural part of an adult cat's diet. However, small amounts can provide certain benefits. Cheese offers a good source of protein, calcium, and essential fatty acids, supporting a cat's overall health. The fat content can be beneficial for maintaining a glossy coat. Plain yogurt contains probiotics, aiding in digestion and promoting a healthy gut flora, which is particularly helpful if a cat is on antibiotics. These dairy treats can be an enjoyable occasional addition to a cat's diet but should be given sparingly.
Homemade Cheese Cat Treats
Yields: 50 – 55 treats
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup water
A wide variety of quality ingredients for our recipes are available from Arkadia supermarkets in Malta and Gozo, including Arkadia FoodExpress Swatar and Arkadia Food Market Valletta.
1. Preheat an oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Combine the cheddar, parmesan cheese and the yogurt.
3. Add the flour and cornmeal.
4. Add some water to form a dough. Then, form the dough into a ball and roll out into a square or rectangle about 6mm thick.
5. Cut into 25mm pieces and place on a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
The information provided on this website is provided "as is" and is intended for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional consultation with a qualified veterinarian, familiar with your pet’s medical needs.
Stay up to date with our pet-friendly recipes - https://arkadiafoodstore.com/petfriendlyrecipes/