Choose Your Shop
Gouda with Fine Herbs
Available from the Charcuterie Suzanne Delicatessen counter at Arkadia Foodstore Gozo
Gouda is a mild and creamy traditional Dutch cheese. This type of Gouda is seasoned with nettles, which not only provide a kick of tangy aroma to the cheese but are also very beneficial for one’s health. Gouda with herbs complements salads and sandwiches perfectly. To top it off, pair with a glass of Italian red table wine or a medium-bodied Merlot.
Recipe: Omelette with Gouda and Herbs
Time: 15 mins
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup shredded gouda with herbs
1. Whisk the eggs and milk in a medium bowl together.
2. Stir in the chopped herbs.
3. Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pan.
5. Once the egg mixture is almost fully cooked but still a little loose, toss the grated cheese onto the omelette.
6. Fold the omelette in half, cheese on the inside.
7. Cook the omelette for a few more minutes until the cheese is melted.
Stay up to date with our counter products and recipe ideas - https://arkadiafoodstore.com/counterproducts/
Tell your Facebook friends about it.