Choose Your Shop
Available from the Charcuterie Suzanne Delicatessen counter at Arkadia Foodstore Gozo
Spianata belongs to a broad family of traditional Roman charcuterie from Calabria, with Spianata being one of the earliest types of salami produced. The famous Italian cured meat is made from lean pork thigh meat mixed with cubes of lard. Its taste is more on the spicy side as it can be produced into either of two variations: the sweet Spianata with black peppercorns or the spicy Spianata with red pepper.
Recipe: Spianata Pizza
Time: 10 mins
- 275g pizza dough
- Pizza or tomato sauce
- Slices of Spianata (sweet or spicy)
- 60g buffalo mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Italian herbs
- Fresh basil leaves
- Garlic, finely minced
- Truffle oil
1. Preheat the oven at the highest temperature.
2. Shape the pizza dough into a round and thin base using your hands.
3. Spread the pizza or tomato sauce onto the pizza. Season with Italian herbs and minced garlic.
4. Add the mozzarella and Spianata slices and bake for 5-10 minutes.
5. Garnish with basil leaves and drizzle some truffle oil on the pizza before serving.
Stay up to date with our counter products and recipe ideas - https://arkadiafoodstore.com/counterproducts/
Tell your Facebook friends about it.