Choose Your Shop
Chicken Stir Fry
Available from the PRIME Butcher Counter at Arkadia Foodstore Gozo
Chicken stir fry is a quick and versatile dish, bursting with flavors and colorful vegetables. Tender chicken slices are sautéed with an array of crunchy veggies, like bell peppers, carrots, and broccoli, in a savory sauce. Served over rice or noodles, it's a delicious and healthy meal option for any occasion.
Stir frying is a Chinese cooking technique which is all about cooking food in a wok over high heat. By constantly tossing the ingredients, a crispy texture is achieved without burning the food. This method is especially used for vegetables and proteins, like chicken, cut into small pieces.
Most stir-fry recipes involve 6 essential ingredients:
- Sauce: Packaged or homemade.
- Oil: Use an oil with a high smoke point such as avocado, peanut or vegetable oil.
- Protein: Use quick-cooking tender proteins or, for a vegetarian option, you can use tofu.
- Carbohydrates: Noodles or rice are most commonly included in the stir fry. Cook the carbs first before adding them to the vegetables.
- Vegetables: Any uniformly cut vegetables can be used in the stir fry.
- Garnish: Garnish with sesame seeds, cashew nuts or green onions for that extra crunch.
Tips for a fail-proof stir fry:
- Use a wok so you can centralize the ingredients which require the most heat at the bottom and push those which require less heat up the sides of the wok.
- Do not overload the wok and stir the ingredients constantly. If you are cooking for a large serving, stir fry the meat and vegetables separately or in batches.
- If your ingredients start sticking to the wok, add water.
Stay up to date with our counter products and recipe ideas - https://arkadiafoodstore.com/2023/08/04/counters-gozo/
Tell your Facebook friends about it.