Choose Your Shop
Available from the Bakery counter, The Boulanger, at Arkadia Foodstore Portomaso
Croissants, those buttery, flaky, crescent-shaped pastries, hold a special place in the world of baked goods. Originating in France, they've become a global breakfast staple and a symbol of indulgence.
The magic of a croissant lies in its delicate layers, achieved through a labour-intensive process of folding and rolling butter-infused dough. This process results in a pastry that's simultaneously crispy and tender, with a rich, buttery flavour.
Croissants can be enjoyed in various ways. The classic approach is to pair them with a hot cup of coffee or espresso for a simple yet delightful breakfast. But they're also the base for countless decadent variations, such as almond croissants, chocolate-filled croissants, or ham and cheese croissants, catering to diverse tastes.
The appreciation for croissants goes beyond their taste; it's also about the experience. Watching them bake or tearing into a warm, fresh-out-of-the-oven croissant is a sensory pleasure. This pastry's cultural significance and culinary allure ensure that it remains an iconic treat for people to savour worldwide.
Recipe: Croissant Breakfast Casserole
- 4 croissants
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh berries (e.g., blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 175°C.
2. Cut the croissants in half horizontally and place them in a greased baking dish.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until well combined.
4. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the croissants, ensuring they soak it up. Press down gently with a fork to make sure they absorb the liquid.
5. Scatter the fresh berries over the croissants and custard mixture.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the custard is set.
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
8. Optionally, dust the top with powdered sugar for a touch of sweetness.
9. Slice the croissant breakfast casserole into four servings and serve warm. It's a delightful and simple breakfast treat for four people. Enjoy!
Stay up to date with our counter products and recipe ideas - https://arkadiafoodstore.com/counters/
Tell your Facebook friends about it.