Choose Your Shop
Feta Cheese with Herbs
Available from the Charcuterie Suzanne Delicatessen counter at Arkadia Foodstore Gozo
Feta cheese is a Greek type of cheese made from unpasteurised or pasteurised goat and sheep milk. It is a soft type of cheese with a creamy, crumbly texture and a white colour. It is full of flavour with a strong aroma. In fact, it may be the most popular of Greek cheeses.
Recipe: Greek Salad
Time: 15 mins
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds
- 650g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cucumber, sliced and deseeded
- 3 handfuls of lettuce leaves
- 180g olives
- 100g crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the coriander seeds and cherry tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Reduce heat and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the tomatoes to the serving dish. Add the grated zest and juice of the lemon and orange, the remaining olive oil and honey and mix well to make a dressing. Let cool.
4. In a separate bowl, toss the cucumber, lettuce leaves, and olives with the feta and add to the tomato dish. Serve with warm bread or a pitta.
Stay up-to-date with our counter products and recipe ideas - https://arkadiafoodstore.com/2023/08/04/counters-gozo/
Tell your Facebook friends about it.