Choose Your Shop
New Year's Resolutions
The Whole ‘New Year New Me’ Routine, But We’re Actually Serious About It
How many times have you attempted to draw up your new year’s resolutions and ended up forgetting about them by Valentine’s Day? Well, you’re not alone. Procrastinating and postponing things with the ‘new year new me’ excuse is quite common, but we’re here to give you a list of resolutions we actually think you’ll stick to.
- Include seasonal produce in your recipes – It’s cheaper, tastier, and healthier! Do you really need any more reasons?
- Improvement over perfection mindset – Celebrate small achievements in improving your diet and take it step by step. Don’t try to do it all at once because chances are you’ll give up and have to wait for next new year’s resolutions.
- More colour – Include colourful produce in your meals and we promise the healthy stuff will look more appealing.
- Can do attitude – If you suffer from any food intolerances or allergies, make a list of all the foods you can eat rather than the ones you cannot. This way, you’ll be more motivated to try out new recipes using the ingredients which are good for you rather than harbouring negative thoughts on your intolerances/allergies.
- Balance is key – For every bad habit your try eliminating from your lifestyle, make sure you have a good habit lined up to focus your energy on. This way, you can focus on what you are gaining instead of what you are losing.
- Plan ahead – We get it. Workdays are long and you don’t feel like cooking or cleaning up after you get home. Planning your meals ahead helps you to save on time and resources, and ensure you are eating well-balanced meals instead of quick fixes.
- Listen to your body – Don’t be too hard on yourself and don’t be afraid to change things around if you are not happy with your lifestyle. Whatever you do, make sure it is making you happy.
A wide variety of quality ingredients are available from Arkadia supermarkets in Malta and Gozo, including Arkadia FoodExpress Swatar and Arkadia Food Market Valletta.
Stay up to date with our seasonal posts - https://arkadiafoodstore.com/seasonal/
Tell your Facebook friends about it.